Welcome to Year 3 and 4
Please click here to see our autumn curriculum newsletter.
What we are learning
Please have a look at the documents below in order to see the plan of what we will be learning over the course of the academic year. We hope that by knowing what topics and subjects your child is learning about in school it will help to open conversations at home around their learning.
Our Always Steps to Success
These are year 3/4’s ‘always’ steps to success. We want to see these things consistently in every single piece of writing the children do.
- Full stops at the end of sentences.
- Capital letters to begin sentences.
- Capital letters for proper nouns (names of particular people and places).
- Other punctuation like ? ! to end sentences.
- Commas in lists.
- Apostrophes of omission and possession.
Through the year, they will learn how to include these things too:
- Ambitious, powerful vocabulary for description.
- Similes and metaphors.
- Complex sentences (using conjunctions like if/when/while/although).
- Direct speech and dialogue punctuation.
Our class books this term are Roald Dahl books which each class have chosen.
In guided reading, we've read extracts from The Twits, George's Marvellous Medicine, Danny the Champion of the World and The BFG.